- What information we collect.
- How we collect the information.
- How we use the information.
- How we provide choice to users about how we use the information we collect.
- Whether we disclose the information we collect to third parties.
- Whether third parties collect information through your use of our services.
Personally Identifiable Information We Collect and How We Collect ItIn order to facilitate your use of our services and to meet your needs, we collect and maintain personal information about you. We collect personal information about you from:
- You, when you voluntarily provide us with information, whether by email, phone, or other telecommunications device, as when you register and use our services, or when you respond to communications from us. Activities such as posting and accessing reminders require you to have an account with us. When you create an account with us, we ask for some personal information, including your email address and a password, which is used to protect your account from unauthorized access.
- Your browser, when you visit our website and your browser interacts with us.
- We may also collect other personal information you provide us, including information about other people, when you use our website or related services. Any information you provide about other people is only used to provide our services.
The personal information we collect about you and others through these sources may include, without limitation:
- Names, addresses and telephone numbers.
- Email addresses, fax numbers and pager numbers.
- Credit/debit card number(s), including associated billing address(es) and expiration date(s). We collect this information only if you have a paid account.
- Personal information provided to us to research and resolve issues or questions.
Other Information About You and How We Collect It
Besides obtaining your personal information, we may collect non-personably identifiable information, including, without limitation, tracking information such as your browser type, the type of operating system you use, the name of your Internet service provider, and pages visited on our site. We obtain this information by using technologies such as cookies.
How We Use the Information
The content of the items you add to Buddibot Service may be accessed by Buddibot, Inc. employees or our service providers in order to provide the service. Unless you have requested support to resolve a question about your account, any content that is accessed is handled anonymously, using an account number rather than any personally identifiable information.
We do not disclose your personal information to any third party for marketing purposes without your permission. We do use your non-personally identifiable information to increase the functionality and user-friendliness of our website, products and services and to better tailor them to your needs. We also use this information to monitor onsite activity in the aggregate. Â For example, we may monitor how long the average user spends on our site or which pages or features get the most attention. We reserve the right to release non-personally identifiable information to our advisors and partners.
In addition, to the extent required by law, we may disclose personally identifiable information to government authorities, or to third parties pursuant to a subpoena or other legal process, and we may also use or disclose your information as permitted by law to protect our rights or the rights of our users.
We retain your personal information only for as long as reasonably required. The length of time information is retained depends upon the purpose for which the information was collected.
Out of respect for your right to privacy we provide you with an easy means to decline receiving promotional emails from us. At any time, you may request to discontinue receiving these emails by sending a blank message with the words "Remove from email list" in the subject area to email@example.com. After opting out, you may occasionally still receive important notifications for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of important site changes or for customer service purposes).
Disclosure to Third Parties
We never rent, sell, trade or give away your information to third parties. We do not publicly disseminate your personally identifiable information that you voluntarily upload to your account (by email, phone or other telecommunications device). We are not responsible for your actions that result in such information becoming publicly disseminated.
Collection of Information by Third Parties
While we institute physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information, and we regularly review our security standards and procedures to protect against unauthorized access to personal information, we cannot guarantee absolute security due to the inherent risks associated with transmitting information electronically, wirelessly, or otherwise over the Internet or other telecommunications methods. The personal information we collect is stored within databases that we control directly or through our service providers. Our security measures are consistent with industry standards to protect your information. However, as no security system is impenetrable regardless of safeguards, we cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us.
If Our Relationship Ends
Our policies and practices regarding the collection and use of information about former users are the same as those regarding the collection and use of information about existing users. If you delete your account, we delete your personally identifiable information, including your email address and phone number. However, we may continue to have your information in our backup databases and may maintain aggregate, non-personally identifiable information about your use of our products and services.
Feel free to send us any questions or comments you may have via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.